Friday, January 21, 2005

Safire Gives Bush a "B-"

Lessee...Safire puts Bush's Second Inaugural in the top 5 of 20 second inaugural speeches...we do the math...and figure out that puts it at the 80% mark, as far as second inaugurals go.

80% is a B-. It's a C if you're a less than generous grader.

Talk about damning with faint praise...

UPDATE: Safire printed a correction--there's only been 16 second inaugurals. It was a cheap shot anyway, so I ain't gonna redo the math (I'm a girl, and, Summers knows, I find numbers confusing and scary).

I guess for me, the real lesson is going to be that right-wingers don't fact check. Ever. No matter how ludicrously fact-checkable their assertions are and how utterly idiotic they'd look if they got them wrong. Therefore, before performing math on a winger's "numbers," you must first check the numbers, lest you be dragged down with them into the pit of stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home